This webpage describes our editorial policy and guidelines, to give an idea of how our original content is created. Our editorial process is designed to provide honest, clear, and reliable information to our audience.
- Do our best efforts to provide accurate, fair, and thorough information on diverse fitness, nutrition, and wellness related topics.
- Acting with responsibility and integrity, gathering, reporting, and interpreting information with honesty, empathy, and reliability.
Our highly-skilled editorial team manages all of the content you read. Each individual article has several people behind it working to make sure it’s responsible, accurate, understandable, helpful, trustworthy, and inclusive. The articles are written, edited, and fact-checked by qualified writers, editors, and other contributors who are experts in their areas. The articles are also fact-checked and reviewed to ensure the accuracy and relevance of information provided in the articles.
We follow these steps in our editorial process:
- Research. The topics and their contents are thoroughly researched. Relevant peer-reviewed studies are used as sources. These may be renowned journals (Health, Science) or those published by medical associations, medical scholarly journals, academic and educational institutions, government institutions or international organizations (WHO, NIH), just to mention a few.
- References, Sources, Attribution & Citations. The studies used in researching the topic are mentioned in each article, with a link to the original source in the article’s text.
- Authors. The writer selected for the piece is an expert in in-depth research, interpretation of the information, and capable of creating content that is clear, accurate, and comprehensible for our readers.
- Editing. The first screening checks the content to ensure concise language and clarity to make sure that fitness and nutritional terms and scientific concepts are explained in simple and readable language. The content is also carefully checked to validate the sources and citations.
A cross-checking is then performed regarding quality: the article should meet our language, grammar, spelling, readability, code of ethics, plagiarism, and content guidelines.
- Fact Check. The content is meticulously fact-checked for scientific and statistical accuracy by the research team and editor.
- Publishing and Authorship. Content is published once all the aforementioned steps have been satisfactorily completed . Content hypertext and semantic layout are validated upon publication.
We aim at being accurate, accountable, and transparent. We acknowledge mistakes and correct them promptly and prominently. We explain corrections and clarifications carefully and clearly.
If you find an inaccuracy or inconsistency please let us know. We will investigate any claim of inaccuracy, and correct a factual error as soon as we become aware of it and can verify it.
Our editorial team routinely evaluates our existing content every few months to ensure all information is updated and reflective of the most current research, guidelines, and statistics.
If needed, content is re-worked, re-edited, and published. If you happen to come across any inconsistencies or outdated facts, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Seek Professional Medical Advice
The content and information provided on our website is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
If you have any questions regarding a medical condition or health issues, always seek the advice of your physician.
Please visit our Disclaimer page for full details on the scope of the information provided on our website.