How Much Creatine Is In Bang | Super Creatine | Bang Ingredients | Nutrition Facts | Drawbacks | Comparison
The energy drink industry is choked with a dizzying number of products that promise everything from instant energy boosts to zero-calorie refreshments. Bang is one innovative energy drink brand that promises almost all of that and more: Creatine!
Super creatine to be more specific. But how much creatine is in Bang energy drink? Let’s unpack this product for some information on its creatine content, nutritional data, and more.
How much creatine is in Bang?
A 16 oz can of Bang energy drink contains 4-32.5 mg of Super creatine, also known as Creatyl-l-leucine. This ingredient is a proprietary blend created specifically for the Bang Energy drink and is designed to provide a sustained energy boost.
What is super creatine?
Super creatine is not exactly the same as naturally occurring creatine. The creatine in Bang has been processed to modify the texture of creatine monohydrate to become more water-soluble. This blend, also known as Creatyl-l-leucine, is synthesized SAGE journals: A Toxicological Assessment of Creatyl-l-Leucine by bonding creatine and leucine(branched-chain amino acids).
The combination of these two compounds makes Super Creatine unique from regular creatine supplements. The use of Super Creatine in Bang energy drinks has been the subject of much debate recently. Monster Energy sued Bang for false advertising regarding their claims about Super Creatine’s effectiveness.
In response to the lawsuit, Bang agreed to remove any mention of “super creatine” from its products and packaging.
How much super creatine should you consume?
While the above-mentioned study found no evidence of toxicity within that range, it is important to remember that overconsumption comes with its own set of risks.
Moreover, one needs to remember that when consuming Super Creatine in the form of a high-caffeine energy drink like Bang, the overall caffeine content should also be taken into consideration.
Bang contains 300 mg of caffeine in one 16 oz can. The daily maximum limit for caffeine consumption is 400 mg. So, it is best to limit how much Bang you consume and how often.
Bang was initially marketed as a low-sugar, carbonated energy drink. Today it has grown to surpass most energy drinks in terms of performance results and flavor. Bang now comes in 42 flavors.
Bang energy drink has many ingredients that make it stand out from its competitors. In addition to the proprietary blend of creatine, Bang contains caffeine, taurine, B vitamins, electrolytes, and branched-chain amino acids.
What makes Bang energy drink healthy is it’s enviable composition. The ingredients list boasts of zero-carbs, zero sugar, and zero calories.
Nevertheless, it provides a heady dose of caffeine, along with Super Creatine.
It also contains vitamins B, C, and D, amino acids, and other essential minerals. These are all designed to provide a sustained energy boost.
|Nutrient||Quantity per serving (8 fl oz can)|
Apart from the obvious shot of energy, that drinking Bang gives you, the combination of Super Creatine and caffeine has been found to improve cognitive performance, increased muscular endurance, and enhance strength.
Let us take a look at both the immediate and far-reaching benefits of Bang.
Here is a quick list of short-term benefits of Bang:
- Instant energy
- Better performance in physical activities
- Immediate improvements in mental concentration and alertness.
Regular consumption of Bang may have long-term benefits as well. Here is a detailed look at the long-term effects of Bang energy drinks:
- Increased Energy Levels – Bang is one of the strongest energy drinks in the market, thanks to its powerful composition. It contains powerful ingredients like caffeine and BCAAs. Consuming its powerful blend, in the long run, keeps you consistently energized.
- More muscle growth – Creatine, which is an important ingredient in Bang, is known to promote muscle growth. National Library of Medicine: Creatine Supplementation for Muscle Growth: A Scoping Review of Randomized Clinical Trials from 2012 to 2021 While this effect does require other factors, such as a healthy diet and proper workouts, it is possible to notice increased lean muscle mass in people who consume creatine-based products like Bang.
- Improved Mental Focus – The combination of caffeine and creatine found in Bang can help enhance mental focus and clarity. In the long run, you may notice improvements in your concentration and alertness. MDPI: The Effects of an Energy Drink on Psychomotor Vigilance in Trained Individuals
- Enhanced Physical Performance – Bang energy drink contains essential electrolytes that can help you stay hydrated during physical activities. This allows you to perform at your best for longer periods of time. It can boost exercise performance and athletic performance in the long run.
- Weight gain – This might sound contradictory since Bang has been marketed as a zero-sugar, zero-carb, zero-calorie drink. Again, creatine is the driving force behind this effect of Bang. Creatine makes you gain weight by increasing muscle mass and causing water accumulation in the muscle cells.
- Improved Overall Health – The vitamins and minerals found in Bang can help support your overall health, giving you more energy and vitality over the long term.
Drawbacks of Bang
Bang Energy Drinks have several drawbacks that should be considered before drinking. Here are a few:
- Risk of caffeine toxicity from overconsumption.
- Hinders sleep and causes irritability.
- Can negatively affect the gut microbiome and metabolism.
- High caffeine content can cause heart problems, dizziness, and rapid heart rate.
Comparing Bang to Other Energy Drinks
Bang is only one of the products in the energy drink market. The industry is filled with many similar energy drinks vying for market share, and Bang is no exception.
So how does Bang compare with the other energy drink brands in terms of caffeine content, sugar content, nutrition, and energy boost? Let’s take a closer look:
1. Bang vs Monster
When it comes to energy drinks, Bang and Monster are two of the most popular brands on the market. But how do they compare? Both Bang and Monster provide an energy boost, but their ingredients differ significantly, particularly in terms of caffeine, sugar, and nutrition content.
Bang Energy has 300 milligrams (mg) of caffeine per 16-ounce can, which is almost twice as much as the caffeine in Monster(160 mg). In terms of sugar content, Bang contains zero calories, while Monster has 54 grams per can.
Overall, Bang is the clear winner when it comes to the caffeine content and sugar content. However, both drinks offer an energy boost that can help you stay alert and focused throughout the day.
2. Bang vs Reign
Bang scores a point over Reign in terms of nutritional composition, since Bang contains 19 vitamins and minerals while Reign is completely void of any nutritional value.
Bang also beats out Reign in terms of caffeine content, with 300 mg per 16-ounce can as compared to Reign’s 160 mg. In terms of calorie content, Bang contains zero calories while Reign has about
Overall, Bang delivers a higher caffeine content and healthier nutritional composition than Reign. It also has zero sugar, making it a great choice for those who want an energy boost without the added sugar.
3. Bang vs Redbull
Redbull is a much-loved energy drink that has been around for decades. But how does it stack up against Bang?
Bang has a much higher caffeine content than Redbull, with 300 mg of caffeine per 16-ounce can be compared to Redbull’s 80 mg. Redbull also contains 27 grams of sugar in every 8.4 fl oz can, making it a less preferable choice for anyone seeking to cut down on sugar.
Bang is also rich in EEA(essential amino acids). It contains 9 essential amino acids compared to Redbull, which only contains taurine.
write about Bang vs Monster (include how does Bang compare with Monster in terms of caffeine content, sugar content, nutrition, and energy boost)
Overall, Bang energy drink is packed with super creatine and other powerful ingredients that deliver a powerful energy boost. Most of the products in its category contain caffeine, but the addition of super creatine gives it an edge over other energy drinks. Compared to other popular brands on the market, Bang has about twice as much super creatine content per serving. Bang can help you increase your physical performance and feel more energized throughout the day.
|↑1||SAGE journals: A Toxicological Assessment of Creatyl-l-Leucine|
|↑2||PubMed: A Toxicological Assessment of Creatyl-l-Leucine|
|↑3||National Library of Medicine: Creatine Supplementation for Muscle Growth: A Scoping Review of Randomized Clinical Trials from 2012 to 2021|
|↑4||MDPI: The Effects of an Energy Drink on Psychomotor Vigilance in Trained Individuals|